BYE DESIGN LTD
A Microsoft Windows Mobile Solutions Partner
Electronic mail address:
Copyright Bye Design Ltd 1999. Last revised: December 22, 2009.
Where can I find more information on the functions?
The program is modelled after Microsoft Excel, so a book on Excel should be able to help you. There are lots of web sites that offer information and tutorials on Excel, such as http://www.microsoft.com/insider/learning/default.asp. If you have any specific questions about the functions, then I will be glad to answer them and/or provide examples.
I purchased a Registered version but it still says it is the Shareware version.
You need to delete the Shareware version from the device and copy over the Registered version. You will not be able to delete the Shareware version while it is still running, so activate the program and use the File Exit menu option to shut it down, or do a soft reset of the device to shut down all active programs. Then copy over the Registered version which you should have downloaded from the URL provided at the bottom of the registration confirmation message from Kagi.
What is the difference between the Shareware and Registered versions?
The only difference between the Shareware and Registered versions is that the Shareware version has a message that is displayed each time you use one of the File menu options.
How do I receive updates of the Registered version?
When a new version is published, the updated version will be sent to you automatically by e-mail (you must provide an e-mail address that can receive executable attachments to messages where your e-mail address will be in the Bcc field). If you do not receive the updated version the please let me know and I will send it to you again.
Possible reasons for not receiving the updated version are:
- the e-mail was not delivered
- the e-mail was intercepted and rejected by over-enthusiastic spam/virus filters operated by your e-mail service provider
- your e-mail service provider does not allow you to receive e-mail containing attachments
- your e-mail address has changed
How do I turn off the conversion from Excel to Pocket Excel format?
To turn off the conversion, on your desktop PC...
1) Start the Microsoft ActiveSync program (it should be on your Start>Programs menu, or just double-click the icon in the system tray that looks like a circle containing two arrows).
2) Select the Tools>Options... menu option.
3) Select the Rules tab.
4) Press the Conversion Settings button.
5) Select the Desktop To Device tab.
6) Select Microsoft Excel Worksheet in the list box.
7) Press the Edit... button.
8) Select No Conversion in the drop-down list box.
9) Press OK.
10) Select Microsoft Excel Template in the list box.
11) Press the Edit... button.
12) Select No Conversion i the drop-down list box.
13) Press OK, OK, OK.
Are there discounts for buying multiple copies?
If you would like more than one copy of the program then volume discounts are available as follows:
|Number of copies||Price per copy (US$)|
Can I turn the display sideways to see more of the spreadsheet?
No. You will need to do one of the following:
1) Use the zoom facility to make the data smaller
2) Use the Data Form menu option to display the data
3) Use a separate display driver such as is available from
4) Get an HPC instead
Do you have a version for the Palm OS?
Not yet, and probably not for a long while. But while you're waiting, you could try one of the following:
MiniCalc from http://solutionsinhand.com/
Quicksheet from http://www.cesinc.com/
SheetToGo from http://www.dataviz.com/
TinySheet from http://www.iambic.com/english/index_ie.html
Do you have a version for Smartphone?
No. It will not be possible to make a Smartphone version for now. The main problem is that much of the required operating system functionality is missing from the Smartphone version of Windows CE. A brief look at the documentation shows no support for:
file open/save dialog boxes
I would have to write all of the missing components myself, and this would take too much time.
Do you have a version for Windows 3.x?
No, but try http://www.tucows.com
How do I associate XLS files with Spread32?
To make the file association,
1) from Windows Explorer use the Tools>Folder options menu option,
2) select the File types tab
3) if XLS is in the file extension list then select it and press the Change button, if XLS is not in the list then press the New button and enter it
4) press the Browse button and locate the Spread32 program
How do I associate XLS files with SpreadCE?
You will need to set up a file association to link files with the xls suffix to the program spreadce.exe. A file manager application should be able to do this for you. If you do not have one already on the PDA, for HPC 2000 devices download the PowerToys utility from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b0788f7-bedc-4e3e-9c08-78b176152f44&DisplayLang=en
For other devices try Pocket Tweak, from http://tillanosoft.com/ce/ptweak.html
How do I open/save files on the Storage card?
You will need to ensure that you have a 'My Documents' folder on the storage card, and files must be stored in this directory or one directory level below it, as that is the only place that the standard file open and save dialog boxes will look.
What forms of payment are accepted?
The Kagi web site accepts many forms of payment, please see their information at
Is password protection supported?
Only for sheets, not yet for files. Try:
Do you have a word processor application?
No, but try:
TextMaker from http://www.softmaker.de/tmpdetail_en.htm
Do you have a database application?
No, but try one of these:
VisualCE from http://www.syware.com/prodlib/win_ce/vce/vce.htm
ABC DB from http://www.pocketsoft.ca/
Data on the Run from http://www.biomobility.com/
DB Anywhere from http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=1190
HanDbase from http://www.ddhsoftware.com/
What is not yet supported by the program?
Pivot tables, VBA, file password protection, split windows, Solver, Custom lists for sorting, Outline/grouping.